Banging Down The Door Chicken
- Ready in Over an Hour
- Serves 8 People
- Skill Level Easy
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy Sauce
- 1 cup red pepper diced
- 1 cup green pepper diced
- ½ cup yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small jar apricot jam
- salt and pepper to season, as desired
- 2 boxes of cornbread
- 1 stick buttter
Optional: Honey for drizzling atop cornbread.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker, season with garlic salt, salt and pepper as desired.
- In a separate bowl, mix apricot jam with 3/4 bottle of the Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy Sauce.
- Pour mixture atop chicken in slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, shred chicken with a fork.
- Make cornbread according to directions on package and dump on top of shredded chicken with diced peppers and onions.
- Cube a stick of butter and place around the top of the cornbread mixture, cook for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle honey on top of baked cornbread.