Kansas City Style Pork Burnt Ends
with Original Barbecue Saucetime: Over An Hour | serves: 1 to 12
- 1 each Pork Butt, boneless, cut into either 3x6 inch strips or 2x2 inch chunks
- 2 cups Kansas City smoky rub
- 2 quarts Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce
- Original Barbecue Sauce BBQ (undefined)
- Trim as much unwanted fat from the pork as you are able. Using a large roasting pan large enough to fit the pork butt, cut into portions, season all sides of the pork. You may not need all of the rub. Let stand overnight.
- When ready, roast on a baking tray at 350 degrees convection for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 275 degrees and continue to cook for 3 hours or until fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven, sauce with one quart of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, place back on the roasting pan, and roast at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a side of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce.
- If you are able to smoke using a smoker, follow the same steps to get ready to cook. Place in a smoker at 225 degrees and hot smoke for 3.5 hours or until fork-tender. Then follow the same saucing and heating instruction until completion.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get the #1 email from the #1 BBQ sauce in America.