Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese Hand Pies
with Buffalo Wing Saucetime: 30-60 minutes | serves: 4 to 6
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce & Glaze
- 8 oz. package of blue cheese crumbles
- 1 package of prepared pie crust (found in the refrigerator section)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Optional: Carrots, celery, and blue cheese salad dressing to garnish
- Start by rolling out the pie crust (some already come rolled out). Using a bowl or cup as a guide, cut out 5-inch diameter circles.
- Remove the chicken from the bones and skin and shred the meat. Add the Buffalo Wing sauce to the chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- Beat the egg and water with a fork to make an egg wash.
- Brush around the edge of each circle of pastry with the egg wash. Spread about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese, then a small scoop of the chicken and finally a generous sprinkling of the blue cheese on each circle. Place in the center and off to one side slightly.
- Fold the pastry in half and gently press the sides together.
- Using the prongs of a fork, press along the edge of the now half-circle hand pie to seal the edges completely.
- Prick the center of each hand pie a couple times with the fork to create a vent.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 400°F oven for about 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Serve warm with carrot sticks, celery, and blue cheese salad dressing.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get the #1 email from the #1 BBQ sauce in America.